Aluminium and glass facades
ALSAL IS A MANUFACTURER OF VARIOUS TYPES OF ALUMINIUM/GLASS FACADES. FOR MANUFACTURING OF THESE ELEMENTS WE USE SPECIAL PROFILES, BOTH FOR EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL ELEMENTS. FACADE SYSTEMS ARE DEDICATED MAINLY TO CONSTRUCTIONS THAT HAVE SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS AND SIZES OF GLAZING, SUCH AS HOTELS, CONFERENCE CENTRES, SWIMMING POOLS, BANKS, PUBLIC UTILITY REPRESENTATION FACILITIES, ETC.
Aluminium/glass elevations and facades
The elements most often manufactured with the use of facade systems are aluminium/glass building elevations, skylights, elements of a big span, complicated 3-dimensional blocks as well as winter gardens and other street furniture constructions that cannot be manufactured with the use of window/door systems. Windows and doors described in “WINDOW/DOOR SYSTEMS” can be built into façade systems in different configurations.
In general, façade systems differ from window/door systems whose width of (vertical) post profiles and (horizontal) beam profiles is the same while their depths are different. This allows for construction – with the use of these systems – of far bigger glazing than in the event of window systems, without any detrimental effect for their visual aspects.
Another difference from window/door systems is the way we glaze aluminium/glass facades. We do it “from the outside” in contrast to window/door systems that are glazed “from the inside”.
Depending on product classification criteria and the function it has to fulfil, ALSAL has glass constructions for the building sector, incl. aluminium/glass facades and elevations, in its offer:
- Architectural form/way of mounting fillings (glass sets, emalit, etc.):
• Standard façade: A filling mounted with pressure and masking strips visible from the outside.
• Semi-structural facade (commonly referred to as “semi-structure”, “effect”): A filling mounted with fastening clips invisible from the outside – only silicone joint visible from the inside.
• Structural façade: A filling is adhered to aluminium frames that are then mounted to the load-bearing skeleton of the aluminium façade (posts and beams) with screws not visible from the outside – from the outside you can only see only a gap with seals between glasses.
- Type of load-bearing skeleton:
• Post and beam facade: Continuous construction of posts and beams with horizontal dilatations every 1-2 floor(s) – first the posts and beams construction is mounted to the building; then the façade filling is installed.
• Element (so called segment) façade: First façade tiebacks are mounted. Then ready-made segments of the façade (aluminium frame with a filling) are delivered to the construction site. Finally, segments are hung on already mounted tiebacks.
- Depending on out of plumb aluminium façade:
• Up to 12 degrees out of plumb: vertical facades
• Above 12 degrees out of plumb: inclined facades, daylights
- Thermal requirements:
• Without requirements
• Standard requirements
• Increased requirements
- Acoustic requirements:
• No requirements
• With increased acoustic requirements
The above categories may exist in various configurations in a single element, e.g. standard element façade (a filling held with external slats), above 12 degrees out of plumb, with standard thermal requirements, etc.
At the same time, elements manufactured by us take into consideration the requirements of relevant standards and regulations concerning:
- Resistance to wind load
- Resistance to snow load
- Resistance to crowd load
- Air permeability
- Reaction of fire
- Impact resistance
- Burglary resistance
- Acoustic properties
- Thermal transmittance
- Strength requirements
- Resistance to weather influences